As gray days of foggy fall approach, I thought I would share some things that have happened in our family.
Let’s start with toddler Anna, boy do we have a couple of doozies!
- An entire tube of A&D ointment in her hair. - Took Dawn soap and several washings to get it out.
- About the same time in her life she would take off all of her clothing - diaper included and then fall asleep in the crib for naptime.
Josh is a character too!
- The one time he got ahold of the buzzers to “cut my hair like Mr. Scholte” - his elementary principal. I think this was 1st grade. It looked like he had the mange
- One time we were at the shoe store and he decided everyone needed to hear “You're a Grand Old Flag” at the top of his lungs.
- He is now 14 and LOVES his goats. Every now and then they get in the house. I was on the phone with the insurance lady last time they got in!
Emily is definitely my most serious child.
- The day before she had her 8th birthday (and a lemonade stand featured on a talk radio show in Des Moines), she “trimmed” her bangs...at an angle.
- Her love of her dog Luna ( a Great Pyrenees) has led to some pretty funny photos!
Jacob is perhaps my wittiest kid and like his dad talks in his sleep
- He loves all things military and hunting. We regularly have a rabbit grilling that he has just gotten and he thinks that is the best supper ever. ( I refuse to try it)
- Jake also has a flock of ducks in the backyard. He has dug a pond for them too. It all stems from finding a stray duckling one time and bringing it home.
Andy (my husband) talks in his sleep
- Lately, he has been riding motorcycles or bikes and telling me about them while he snoozes.
- The best one was calling me “babelicious” one time. Totally sound asleep.
It is really hard to come up with fun things about myself
- I used to design jewelry out of fake plastic bugs in high school. And wear it.
- I am not crazy about animals! Can you believe it? Yet I make them for a living, and we have a total currently of 20+ animals (dogs, cat, chickens, ducks, and goats) on our little “farm”, Oh what you do for your kids!
I thought I would end with the photo that started all this crazyness over 30 years ago at a harvest party. I am in the turquoise jacket and my hubs in the middle back row. Our parents had met just a few weeks before and decided our families needed to get together. Someday I will tell the full story.