Get your fall on!!
Sooooooo these are my favorite ten favorite things about fall.
- Adding scarfs back into my wardrobe - is any outfit complete without it?
- Watching the leaves change color - Iowa has a good handle on this
- Enjoying a GOOD cup of cocoa. Honestly, our family is happy with Swiss Miss, What is your family's favorite brand?
- Enjoying a good fire. Once Andy gets the chimney inspected and cleaned we are good to go! Josh is super excited to finally have a fire inside!
- Baking anything pumpkin - like pumpkin gooey butter cake. Go find Paula Deen’s recipe for this one.
- FARM CRAWL!! WOOHOO, These are becoming more and more popular. Check to see if there is one in your area. Basically you travel from farm to farm and see the way they do things. Pumpkin patches and goat dairies are on our route.
- Going to my son's football game. This was the 2nd year he went out. 8th-grade football, no pressure - just fun!
- Oatmeal on a chilly morning. I have my grandma Margaret’s Oatmeal Pudding recipe for you. Ask me for it and try it!
- My favorite candy is candy corn and it has to be Brachs. Try mixing it with salted peanuts for an easy fall mix.
- Applesauce making, our tree has yucky apples but we have some good orchards in the area. (thank you farm crawl)
- Leaf piles. Anna likes the ones her papa makes the best.
- Turning on the melted wax burner thingys. My favorite ones are from Pink Zebra. Love the baking scents because who doesn't want the bathroom to smell like sugar cookies?